Friday, March 30, 2012

Reaction: The Maker's Eye: Revising Your Own Manuscripts

       With this article, the author wanted people to become aware that writers put a lot of thought in their writing.  Everything that we read that has been published could have been revised a hundred times before we saw it.  The author wanted us to know this, because if he had not said this, then we never would have known.  In revising drafts, I think that everyone has a different style of doing so.  In the article, a process that some authors follow is described.  But again, everyone has their own way of doing things.  For me, when I revise, the first thing that I do is look for grammatical errors.  Next I check my first paragraph, making sure that it clearly states the point of my essay and is an effective introduction to the body.  Next, I check that all of my points are on point, and then I look for an effective and conclusive conclusion.  I check my voice and the audience, but most of all, my thought organization.  With all my works, I hope that my reader understands my thought process.  I hope to say everything that I want to say as best I can.  The author says that revising can happen forever because a piece is never as perfect as the writer would want.  So really, the only thing absolutely similar about writer's writing process is that revision is inevitable and is key to exceptional writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment