Friday, March 30, 2012

Reaction: Doublespeak --William Lutz

         I am learning more and more that English is truly so much more complex than I thought.  It is a very powerful tool to those that know it well.  For example, the use of doublespeak can be both useful and deceptive depending on situation or intent. One can use doublespeak to make people do things all because they have no idea what is meant by the speaker.  I believe that the best way to counter doublespeak i really, knowledge of the language.  If you can truly comprehend everything a person is saying then there is no way you can be fooled.  As a result, I have concluded that I want to continue to learn the secrets of English for the more I know, the less likely i will be deceived and more likely I will be able to use the language for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment