Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cloud 9

          My feet pressed the blades of grass closer to the earth with each step. The sweet smell of pine and wildflowers filled my lungs. I felt the coolness of the damp breeze as it blew past me, making me feel oddly lighter.  I was high up in the city of Baguio, where the altitude gives a certain liberation that I do not feel in the streets of Manila.  I tilted my head upwards as I tried to catch more of that wind, and a tickling sensation of warmth came to my cheeks as it was touched by the sunlight.  I felt my whole being lift at the serenity of that moment.  It felt as though time were standing as still as I was. Seconds, which turned to minutes that felt like hours, past.  I had to wake up from this daze, but before I pulled myself back to reality, I made a silent prayer to God.  I said, "Thank You for giving me a taste of Heaven on Earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment